United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for Corporate Compliance Risk Assessments and Corporate Compliance Governance to ensure regulatory compliance, sound compliance risk management and oversight at the bank holding company, corporate and line of business levels.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the completion of the annual corporate compliance risk assessments including training, resolving issues with the business lines, and performing quality assurance reviews of completed risk assessments
- Responsible for the drafting of various corporate compliance risk assessment reports including the annual risk assessment results report, annual compliance plan, and other ad-hoc report requests
- Responsible for maintenance of the regulatory matrix including updates for new or amended regulations from various regulatory agencies (e.g., FRB, SEC, FINRA, CFPB, FDIC, etc.)
- Develops enhancements to the corporate compliance risk assessment methodology including calculations of inherent risk, control environment adequacy, residual risk and overall aggregation of results
- Develops enhancements to the corporate compliance risk assessment tool including process flows for completing risk assessments, control library documents, and reporting capabilities
- Communicates policy and other assigned compliance requirements at senior levels.
- Works with Corporate Compliance subject matter experts, legal, finance, treasury and risk department leads, and business unit compliance officers to ensure enterprise alignment to corporate compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and executes and improves procedures for department workflow
- Oversees the maintenance of databases and spreadsheets through data entry and file uploads, and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Cross-trains and provides backup to critical functions of Corporate Compliance governance and policy teammates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Five (5) years of prior relevant experience with at least two (2) years of risk assessment experience
- Knowledge of Banking and Investment Banking regulations including UDAAP, Regulation Z, Regulation B, Volcker, SEC and FINRA rules
- Knowledge of Intermediate Holding Company regulations for Foreign Banking Organizations
- Experience in risk assessment analysis and report writing
- Ability to work independently and manage assignments to meet assigned deadlines
- Team player with leadership qualities
- Management experience a plus
- Experience with Foreign Banking Organizations a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.