Sr. Community Reinvestment Advisor
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an
environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting CRA investments and lending under the direction of the Bank’s CRA Officer including: (1) maintain “Outstanding” in Bank’s investment test through strong CRA qualified investment program; of CRA investments (2) development and delivery community development lending training for key credit personnel across key markets; (3)
Essential Job Functions
· Establish annual investment goals and work closely with business line partners & CRA Officer to ensure goals are achieved.
· Make recommendations for new CDFI and other types of CRA qualified investments
· Works with CRA Officer and Director of Community Development Finance to review, analyze, and recommend CRA eligible LIHTCs investment opportunities in the Bank’s Assessment Areas.
· Produces impact write-ups for each closed LIHTC and other CRA-qualified investments transactions for the Bank’s self-assessments.
· Establishes community development training program for key credit staff in key markets
· Identifies opportunities for significant community development lending deals in key markets
· Track and report on progress made toward BOTW’s CRA 2020 Strategic Plan goals.
· Conduct and coordinate due diligence meetings with representatives from potential CDFI borrowers. Pre-screen for acceptability based on CRA investment criteria and prepare initial investment recommendation memorandums for approval by the CRA and CSR Officers.
· Effectively interface with senior Bank credit officers, lawyers, co-lenders, and other internal and external parties in sourcing, structuring, and approving deals.
· Adheres to all community development loan and investment policies and procedures to ensure consistency with actual processes.
· Assist in maintaining internal and external relationships with CDFI intermediaries.
· Assist C&CR partners in performing due diligence, financial analysis and underwriting CDFI transactions on an as-needed basis.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience. CRA experience a must.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Verbal and judgment skills necessary to interact with the bank’s FDIC regulators
· Ability to interact with senior executives across the Bank and in external organizations
· Executes appropriate professional judgment pertaining to privileged knowledge about the bank’s regulatory weaknesses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.