At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst who has the technical data analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.
- Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for enhancements and production tickets
- Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
- Works closely with the business on the front door process and creates Jira tickets for production issues in an agile framework
- Works closely with Product Owners and Platform managers on prioritizing the production issues
- Communicates with internal IT groups on upstream and downstream impacts related to the production issues
- Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems
- Communicates how to use data to drive business decisions that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
- Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources to create source to target mapping documents
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to internal IT teams and business partners
- May lead a team in a matrixed organization across the different time zones
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing
- May support users in user acceptance testing
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
- 8 - 10 years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects and the creation of detailed requirement documents and/or user stories
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Retail Banking
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience working with onshore-offshore team members
- Experience working in a DevOps team structure performing Lead Business and Data Analyst responsibilities within an Agile framework
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Extensive experience on data controls; GL reconciliation, Health Checks and Financial Checks
- Hands on experience in creating ad-hoc reports for any business requests
- Knowledge of Retail Banking products related to Commercial Loans, Consumer Loans, Deposits and Credit Cards
- Knowledge of the customer/loan journey; customer on-boarding, origination and servicing
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica Power center
- Ability to present data as a concise story for diverse audiences
- Able to ask smart, straightforward, intelligent, and efficient questions
- Knowledge of data analysis and SQL Data Query Tools required
- Able to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and hone in on customer and business objectives
- Exposure to Excel modeling, math and statistical skills a plus
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.