Sr Business Analyst- Customer Master Program
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Business Analyst
This role is responsible for providing data analysis to support the implementation of the BankWest Customer Data Master Program. This will involve analyzing customer and account information from multiple sources within the bank, creating logic to identify the best quality information, and providing analysis and leadership on managing this data into a singular master client record. The Senior BA will work with each control area and ensure customer data requirements are understood, prioritized and mapped to agreed BWE Customer Master target system design and address any gaps. This individual is responsible for working with the IT teams on developing and documenting the data logic solutions, communicating the solution approach, identifying any workarounds and gaps and designing tactical and strategic solutions to address them. This individual will provide key leadership in the testing and implementation of the data logic in the system and work with the consuming business areas to ensure they understand the rationale of the solutions implemented in the customer master data.
1. Evaluate the data available in the current sources and identify gaps or data quality issues that need to be addressed to meet the functional requirements.
2. Develop scenarios and logic to oversee data and data quality remediation efforts to meet these requirements.
3. Understand any customer data attribute derivations or transformations required to support the reporting needs of these functions.
4. Monitor the quality of data within the bank’s systems as it relates to the data impacting these teams.
5. Document, prioritize and update data quality related issues; work closely with business and technology representatives to have them resolved.
6. Provide leadership for the testing of data in line with the business requirements.
7. Design near term tactical solutions and long term designs for addressing issues with the data.
8. Ensure consumers of the data from the functions understand the proposed solution approaches, priorities, scope, timing and availability of data and the implications of any derivations to meet their requirements.
9. Investigate data and provide insight to solution feasibility, data quality issues, needed controls, and potential issues in meeting requirements.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· 7 years of experience in a data centric business analysis role in the financial services industry.
· BA or MBA (Economics, Finance, Business preferred)
· Strong knowledge of business data within a banking organization.
· Prior experience in the financial industry is highly desirable, specifically as it relates to Risk, Finance, Financial Reporting, Compliance, or Treasury functions.
Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements, for example,
· Knowledge of key database concepts, data models, relationships between different types of data, etc.
· Ideal candidate will understand customer and account data management practices and data
· Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
· Experience with User acceptance testing (UAT) preparation and execution
Administrative/Technical Skills – Job-specific skill requirements, for example,
· Action oriented change agent mentality with a strong drive for results.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to analyze data using SQL, Excel, and BI tools
· Ability to work with people across multiple work-streams.
· Must be able to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve problem quickly.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is desired.