At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Contributes to the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on more complex issues.Essential Job Functions
'• Executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department's various computer software packages within established deadlines.
• Prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
• Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects.
• Strong understanding of Denodo Data Virtualization tool; version 6.x and above
• Expertise in Oracle tools and utilities such as Toad, SQL Developer and SQL PLUS
• Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries.
• Expertise in ETL tools and utilities with primary focus on Informatica
PowerCenter 10.x.x, Informatica IDQ
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies.
• Expertise with data modeling tools like ErWin 9.x
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 5 years’ applicable experience required
• Experience with database technologies
• Knowledge of the Denodo processes, architecture, troubleshooting, performance tuning
• Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data
• Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, JCL)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.