United States-North Dakota-Fargo
Small / Mid Business
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing and making informed decisions on assessing moderate to complex commercial loans. Advance expertise on commercial loans.
Essential Job Functions
- Requests and evaluates all financial statements (business and personal tax returns, fiscal year-end and interim statements and personal financial statements). Identifies recurring and non-recurring income/expenses. Comprehends all schedules, notes, and K-1's. Understands and adjusts for differences between cash and accrual accounting methods. Analyzes related documents including; receivable aging, purchase agreements, invoices, lease agreements, brokerage statements, etc.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risk, and anomalies that lead to further investigation. Prepares thorough credit summary and communicates decisions in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Business Banking Officers and Branch Staff, communicating the reasoning for a particular decision, serving as an expert credit resource answering questions and providing guidance on financial matters, collateral, and loan structure.
- Identifies problem loans and subsequently determines potential restructure and credit enhancement opportunities in the interest of either retaining the asset as a performing loan or recommending a transfer to Special Assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- In-depth working knowledge of information and data processing systems.
- Proficient in evaluating business and credit reports.
- In-depth working knowledge of Bank of the West Policy and Procedures.
- In-depth understanding of various regulatory compliance policy and procedure including but not limited to Fair Lending, OFAC, Flood, Regulation O, etc.
- Meet and/or exceed our Service Level Agreement commitment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other system applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.