SME Sales Associate II
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for supporting assigned BDO Team and SBA National Sales Office. May work with more complex activities associated with funding a new loan.
- Provides support assistance for any and all activities associated with the funding of a new loan with some of the following actions: may order documents as required based on loan approval; assembles and reviews a variety of documents to assure completeness of loan packages and accuracy of documents based on type of loan, may order credit reports.
- Prepares business development officer loan packages for submission to underwriting.
- Assists BDO Team in the generation of new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals.
- Assists BDO Team in achieving 100% of established quarterly and annual production objectives that will be determined at or near the beginning of every year.
- Supports assigned BDO Team including answering phones, processing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies, maintaining filing systems, photocopying, etc...
- Assists in developing and implementing marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor.
- Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank's credit policy, SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Monitors and reports all loan production including, but not limited to, logging in all new loan submissions and continually updating and tracking the loan submissions through closing.
- Supports the generation of loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area.
- Assists unit Administrative Analyst with tracking and reporting.
- Disseminates industry information as available.
- Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices.
- Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market.
- May assist with helping less experienced SBA Sales Assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of staff support within the financial services industry.
Field of Experience
- Knowledge of SBA 7a and SBA 504 loan programs.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Verbal and written communication
- No supervisory responsibility.
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 20 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.