SME National Small Business Banking Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for indirect oversight of sales and service activities of small business bankers throughout the Bank of the West RBG Retail Branch network. Responsible for all strategic, tactical and performance planning for the small business banking within retail division across all of the following functions: regional sales management, business development strategy and activities, customer retention and cross sell, customer service, and asset, liability, revenue and profit generation. Business target market is companies, including sole proprietorships, with sales generally up to $10 million in annual revenues.
1. Provides direct sales and tactical coaching of Small Business Banking regional managers reporting to RBG geographic divisions. This includes in-market joint calling and coaching.
2. Develops coaching tools, activity objectives, performance goals, sales and coaching protocols, performance plans, incentive and recognition plans, tracking and reporting tools, recruiting profiles and relevant training (sales, product and credit).
3. Monitors progress on all objectives and goals. Accountable for achievement of loan, deposit and fee income targets of the Small Business Banking teams.
4. Develops budgets as needed for regions and allocates funds within budget limits to accomplish objectives. Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis. Accountable for achieving positive or neutral variances to Small Business Banking related budgets.
5. Manages employees directly and indirectly, including selection, resource allocation and performance management. Involved directly in selection of division Small Business Banking regional managers and, in conjunction with Small Business Banking regional managers, Small Business Bankers. Has direct management responsibility for small business Credit Advocates.
6. Conducts regular communication meetings with direct reports, regional Small Business managers and Small Business Bankers to communicate information, discuss problems, train staff, and provide a forum for discussion of pertinent issues.
7. Provides regular communication to Division Executives regarding performance of small business teams, strategies, and tactics.
8. Ensures that the group’s operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the bank and with applicable regulations.
9. Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur.
10. Makes recommendations regarding the bank's product and market coverage and/or sales strategies in collaboration with product and marketing groups in order to increase business banking revenue.
11. Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank CRA programs.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
· 10+ years of sales experience in financial services with a minimum of 5 years experience in small business banking lending
· 7 years experience managing a sales force in financial services with proven success developing high performing teams
Field of Experience
· Thorough knowledge of financial services products and services, with a focus on the small and medium enterprise business market
· Thorough knowledge of the lending markets, bank product areas and bank systems
· Proven, successful management of sales teams in financial services, preferably in the SMB segment
· Incentive Compensation planning knowledge
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.