Small Business Banking Relationship Manager I
United States-Colorado-Greenwood Village
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for managing, developing and retaining a dedicated portfolio of profitable and high potential business banking relationships with annual revenues generally up to $10 Million. Partners with Business Banking Officers, Branch Managers and other bank employees to retain and grow current business banking relationships. Independently interprets and provides recommendations and solutions unique to each client's specific banking needs. Responsible for developing the assigned credit portfolio quality and managing requests for credit extensions and ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates independent decision making skills by recognizing and understanding client problems and needs and responding appropriately. Gathers information and sorts through complex issues in order to make timely decisions.
2. Is the primary contact for a portfolio of business banking clients. Focuses on client retention and growth by providing consultative advice and solutions to enhance and expand the client's entire banking relationship including deposits, loans, cash management, capital markets, wealth management, equipment leasing and trade finance.
3. Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the Bank's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan packages. Works closely with underwriting teams to analyze and structure new credit requests, renewals and annual reviews. Obtains financial statements, tax returns and other credit information. Interviews loan applicants to interpret information regarding their business needs, earnings and repayment abilities to assist in determining if a loan is an acceptable risk.
4. Attains an understanding of client's objectives and strategies. Maintains a thorough understanding of business operating cycles.
5. Understands client's business practices and interprets the operational risk to the bank. Reviews client's accounts and is responsible for approving operational risks associated with the relationship; including NSF/OD's, fees and transaction items.
6. Stays aware of developing industry and market trends and actively researches and participates in the industries that make up the assigned portfolio.
7. Generates new business to the Bank through referrals from the assigned portfolio.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin, Finance or Accounting
- Years of functional/professional experience: 1-3
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Comfort and familiarity with commercial lending principles
- Understanding of bank policy and procedures
- General understanding of small and medium size companies
- Understanding and knowledge of bank products and services
- Analytical, credit and negotiating skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- PC skills including knowledge of Touchpoint and other bank systems as well as MS Office Suite
- Written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.