What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines –
Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for assisting the managing director with general management of the office, and also responsible for representing Bank of the West Wealth Management Division in its fiduciary capacity as Trustee, Executor or Agent under various forms of agreement. Has responsibility for the overall administration of assigned employee benefit (both pension and profit sharing) trust accounts or personal trust accounts. Assigned accounts are generally of a varied mix and of a complex nature.
1. Administers assigned accounts in accordance with the terms specified in the trust instrument.
2. Resolves problems with assigned accounts as well as assisting others in account administration.
3. Ensures assigned accounts are in compliance with bank audit and security standards, policies and procedures. Actively participates in the resolution of audit findings in a timely manner.
4. May manage personal trust accounts of special significance according to instructions of principals, donors and descendants by fulfilling requests for distributions, answering questions, providing tax information, setting investment objectives and acting as probate administrator.
5. Maintains contacts with customers to discuss and advise on problems, explain terms and specifications of the will and/or trust, and to arrange for payments acceptable under the terms of the trust.
6. Sets up estates, trusts, agency accounts and guardianships as assigned.
7. Provides consulting advice to clients and/or companies concerning the design and administration of pension and/or profit sharing plans or the administration of complex personal trusts.
8. Assists in the development, installation, and administration of each plan, providing such services as disbursing payments to employees or retirees included in the plans. May make recommendations to the managing director as to the suitability of documents.
9. Recommends to the Regional Trust Administration Committee the appropriate course of action on non-routine matters for their own accounts. Reviews matters of other officers at the request of manager prior to committee submission.
10. Actively participates in the development of new business from existing or prospective customers and cross-selling opportunities within the bank.
11. Establishes work schedules and priorities to ensure that workflow is controlled.
12. Assists the managing director in filling vacant positions through recruiting and involvement in the interview process.
13. May act as a lead for employees performing similar duties and have direct responsibility for training same.
14. Aids in budget and planning in conjunction with managing director, including but not limited to developing a business plan for unit.
15. Prepares required government and internal reports as requested.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required
· CFP or CTRA certifications required
· Seven to ten years in a trust function
Field of Experience
· Complete knowledge of institutional or personal trust administration including related complex legal, investment and tax issues.
· Analytical and research
· Bank product and service knowledge
· Compose letters/memoranda
· Coordinate meetings
· Negotiation skills
· Presentation skills
· Training skills
· Written and verbal communication
· Use of personal computer
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.