Senior UX Content Strategist
United States-California-San Francisco
About Bank of the West
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Bank of the West is seeking a world-class UX Content Strategist to help drive our brand forward in the digital realm. The ideal candidate will be able to align the Bank of the West vision of ubiquitous computing across desktop and mobile with evolving brand and editorial standards and guidelines. The UX Content Strategist is responsible for content strategy on both the unauthenticated and authenticated sites, as well as collaborating on and contributing to the overall user experience and design. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate with external and internal partners to affect the overall experience across user touch points. This is a person with a passion for elegance and simplicity in designing solutions that customers love to use. This position reports to the User Experience Content Strategy Director in the Digital Channels organization.
· Create compelling user interface content of the Bank's digital channel user experiences across online and mobile banking
· Collaborate closely with UX team to design optimal user experiences for customers following user-centered design best practices
· Produce best-in-class content strategy and help shepherd it from concept through launch collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, product managers and internal and external technology partners
· Prototype/draft rapidly and iteratively to identify experience issues and to drive toward elegant simplified design solutions
· Self-motivated, creative and passionate about designing a great digital channels user experience
· Possess exceptional portfolio of work that demonstrates elegant workflow solutions with a solid track record of content design success
· Fluent in UCD best practices in online, mobile, tablet
· Experienced in integrating analytics and data into design strategy and approach
· Practical in meeting project timelines while focusing on larger vision required to build an outstanding UI
· Skilled in verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
· Deep design sense and skill set coupled with passion for partnership, teamwork, and execution
Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design/User Experience or Journalism
· Master’s Degree preferred
· and/or 6+ years in content/editorial design positions
Field of Experience
Thorough knowledge of and experience designing compelling digital experiences aligned to financial services products. Complete understanding of human/computer interaction paradigms as it relates to online and mobile devices. Successfully launched digital product into the marketplace.
• Web Interface Design
• Analytical and research
• Financial Services product and service knowledge
• Facilitate meetings
• Demonstrated management
• Develop workflow / project plans
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Mac/PC design tools
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.