*Senior Software Engineer, Online Banking
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
This position will lead, recommend, design, implement, and test solutions for our Digital Channel products including Online Banking. We’re looking for top-notch, energetic talent to keep up with the industry’s momentum and lead web development, programming, engineering and more.
In this important role you will:
- Be a member of Digital Channel Engineering team to lead and evolve our digital and online products.
- Identify, propose, evaluate, estimate, and drive solutions with a combination of vendor products and custom software.
- Drive software evaluations, technical designs, and security designs to support growing business needs while thoroughly considering the system impact.
- Lead online banking projects from idea to implementation.
- Proactively lead vendors and engineers to deliver high quality products with minimal defects.
- Learn new technologies that best deliver responsive design for desktop, tablet and Mobile friendly implementation
- Integrate complex mobile, web, middleware, and back end systems.
- Partner with the enterprise program office to contribute best practices and transform the organizations software development capabilities.
- Ensure projects are realistic, interesting, and fun for everyone involved.
- Work in a continuous integration environment with Iterative / Agile / Sprint based delivery model
Required Knowledge, Years of Service, Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree required with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in product development for banking, trading, payment, or financial applications.
- Deep technical knowledge in systems, application frameworks, database optimization, and experience being solely responsible for the success of software development projects
- Ability to think on your feet, present multiple solution options, and drive defect free products.
- Proven record interpreting and fulfilling requirements by developing high performing, scalable and maintainable solutions with multiple technologies and vendors
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.