Senior Service Officer I (Branch Team Lead) - Fremont
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, Wealth Management.
The Senior Service Officer I (Asst Branch Manager) provides coaching and direction to front line customer service team members and is accountable for the branch’s lobby management.
· Partners with Branch Manager creating and achieving sales referral, service goals and customer service targets.
· Performs customer transactions and assists Service Bankers with complex transactions.
· Engages with customers in the branch lobby to ensure a high quality customer experience.
· Accurately processing deposits, transfers, withdraws and other transactions.
· Officer-in-Charge in Branch Manager's absence.
· Supports the Branch Manager in team member activities for the Service Bankers including: interviewing, hiring and training.
· Provides guidance to Service Banker team for cross sell opportunities and portfolio management.
· Has signing authority within the branch to complete the following: overrides, post NFS & OD reports, accepts items for collection, end of day activities, Monthly GL Certifications, Certifications and Vault Duties.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of experience in sales, customer service and management within Retail Banking
- Excellent customer service skills that include strong verbal and written communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Drive for results and experience with building relationships, collaboration and team work
- Extensive experience with opening new customer accounts
- Computer experience, preferably with Touchpoint Teller and New Account Systems
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.