Senior Project Management Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Reviews and approves requests for support from various departments throughout the Bank. Determines level of support that can be provided.
- Provides overall leadership and organizes project teams consisting of staff assigned from the various departments throughout the bank and/or vendors providing service or support for the bank, affected by the assigned project.
- Performs complex analysis on functions and products as requested by Senior Executive Management making recommendations for implementation that maximizes efficiency and productivity, providing supporting documentation for final recommendations.
- Anticipates operational/technical needs and develops plans to ensure system/users’ needs are met.
- Develops a formalized process that ensures that all approved projects follow standardized procedures that oversees project requests, feasibility analysis, cost/resource management, scheduling, project performance management and reporting.
- Responsible for the reporting function; status reports to senior management for review and direction.
- Responsible for the department’s project plans, budget, and schedule. Oversees the work performed by the Project Management staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
- Over ten years experience managing broad scope projects in a banking environment
- Extensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Strong project management skills with experience in broad based scope
- Strong interpersonal skills in managing teams at various levels of management
- Good knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Good understanding of systems applications within the banking industry
- Will supervise a team of 2 or more professional staff