Senior Java Developer
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Researches and writes technical specifications including problem definition according to IT Development Standards. Codes, tests, debugs documents, and maintains programs. Carries out assignments and provides technical guidance to junior members of the unit when requested. Designs systems and writes user procedures. User contact includes system definition, system design, problem resolution, and providing status. Supports applications and handles assignments with major complexity and scope. May manage projects with multiple cross-impact areas.
- Supports applications, revising, updating and providing documentation as required.
- Leads, executes or participates in parallel, pilot and other system test phases prior to implementation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Researches, prepares detailed specifications, defines, designs, develops, tests, debugs, installs, and modifies computer software in various platforms in a complex and integrated systems environment.
- May be responsible for managing small to medium projects.
- May be responsible for developing project plans and other project documentation.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
- Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
- Performs systems integration testing and user acceptance testing as required by software development lifecycle.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree BS in IS, Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years information technology experience
Field of Experience
Work within BSA/AML Compliance IT Solutions Delivery team to build next generation compliance architecture at BOTW. Responsibilities will include designing and building in-house computing platform that has best-in-class: availability, flexibility, and can scale.
Specific responsibilities as Senior Java Developer:
- Design and develop all aspects of applications framework's / module's functionality
- Code review of check-ins (of both front end and back end designs)
- Guide/mentor other team members
- Be competent n a wide range of platforms and stacks in addition to the core spring based java stack. Including an in-depth experience in building: scalable/highly available data persistence stores including (as a must have) good old relationship databases.
- Robust/distributed we services, messaging infrastructure setup
- Analytical and research
- Application development methodologies
- Thorough understanding of systems environments including one or more of the following: hardware, software and networking environments, files/databases, programming languages, program design and systems development, batch and online programs, installation procedures, and processing
- Documenting technical design and business requirements
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting up to 30 lbs, occasional standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.