Senior Automation Engineer (QTP, SQL, Selenium,)
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing Quality Assurance Testing services for Commercial Banking projects; inclusive but not limited to activities supporting test readiness, execution, metric tracking, reporting and assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Responsible for building, maintaining and managing Quality Assurance Automation within the IT Solutions Delivery team. Participate in scheduling and execution of test cases, inclusive of results analysis and metric reporting. As appropriate, analyze business requirements for completeness, testability and will carry out the Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability
- Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities.
- Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and produces test reports both automated and manual.
- Identifies and tracks system defects, performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
- Partners with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Web testing experience with additional areas of expertise in Cash management/Treasury solutions and products.
- Design test processes and procedures used to ensure that software operates within defined requirements.
- Implement test plans, automation, and validation strategies.
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing. Work closely with software developers and software quality analyst to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgement.
- 5-7 Years of Experience in the Information Services field, focusing on Quality Assurance processes methodologies
- Provide fasst and reliable regression coverage for the minor releases that happens year round.
- Maintain and update the automation scrpts to be relevant with latest business changes and releases.
- Develop automated testing to cover extensive functuionality, integration, regression, interoperability and end-to-end system testing.
- Support other QA Engineers on the team as authority in technical best practices.
- Programming skills in Core Java for Selenium Web Driver scripting.
- Experience in testing back end Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Working knowledge of source code management tools like SVN, GIT
- Experience working with build automation languages like Gradle or Maven.
Administrative / Technical Skills / Other Information
- Functional Test Area:
- Supports Black Box and as a defined Grey Box and White Box testing of different applications and products for multiple projects.
- Performance & Security Test Area:
- Performs Performance and/or Security testing of different applications and products for multiple projects.
- Automation Test Area:
- Practical experience with test automation tools.
- Selenium with Java and Object Oriented Programming preferred.
- SQL programming and database technologies.
- Proven track record implementing and using Automation for testing of Web Applications.
- Work with the automation architect to develop automation procedures and policies that are relevant to both the primary product vertical as well as the entire technology team.
- Test Tools Area:
- Practical experience with set up, installation, upgrade and administration of testing tools such as HP Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, HP Service Test, etc.
- Test Process Area
- Defines, documents Quality Assurance testing processes, best practices and test governance. Develops procedures, templates and work instructions for implementing Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Provides guidance, training and mentoring to Quality Assurance and project teams.
- Provides oversight/Mentorship of junior Quality Assurance Analyst(s)
- Sedentary Work: lifting up to 10lbs, occasional standing/walking.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.