What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for initiating foreclosure legal action and monitoring process until conclusion by working with external and internal parties within all established policies, procedures and regulations for all applicable insurers and investors. Responsible for handling legal adverse actions by working as liaison between internal and external parties to ensure all proper actions are resolved in order to protect Bank of the West interest.
1. Review new foreclosure legal cases for required pre-foreclosure requirements, prepares and submits appropriate documentation to foreclosure attorney for the appropriate state in which the property is located.
2. Review foreclosure legal cases to ensure appropriate actions are being taken within insurer and investor timeframes. To include working with foreclosure attorneys and vendors to document any delays. Review, preparation and execution of foreclosure legal forms within in state and/or compliance regulations.
3. Reporting and communication with insurer and investors on status request per guidelines to avoid penalties. Reporting any delays in the process to insurer and investors.
4. Handling of customer calls to inbound call center in order to provide customers with foreclosure status, repayment options and Loss Mitigation Options. To include preparing accurate reinstatement and payoff quotes at the request of customers.
5. Handles and resolves foreclosure exception items involving Investor Reporting, Risk Management, Audit and Accounting/Controller's area.
6. Processing of vendor payments to ensure proper billing for services and amount within the insurer and investor guidelines.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Associate’s Degree preferred
· 5 years of functional/professional experience
Field of Experience
· Ability to meet deadlines and time parameters
· Problem resolution
· Attention to details
· Analytical and research skills
· Verbal and written communication skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.