United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
As a key member of Bank of the West's Multi-Channel Marketing team, this role is responsible for developing, managing, and optimizing multi-channel marketing programs that support acquisition, cross-sell, and retention efforts for all areas of the Bank. The person in the role would partner with the Segment, Strategy and Product teams to support business goals and strategic initiatives. Typical projects include annual planning of budgets and revenue forecasts; developing individual campaign objectives, multi-channel design, and test and targeting criteria; managing creative development and production; and measuring and reporting out on results.
Typical projects include annual planning of budgets and revenue forecasts; developing individual campaign objectives, multi-channel design, and test and targeting criteria; managing creative development and production; and measuring and reporting out on results. While this is currently an individual contributor position, experience in leading efforts across a matrix organization including product and sales teams and an outside agency is very valuable along with a strong eye for detail. Internal partners are consulted and given updates throughout the process and outside agencies are regularly leveraged to provide support from simple production to complex direct marketing programs and reporting.
of the West prides itself on smart, data-driven marketing and the ability to
fully express the impact our work has on the bottom line.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the bank’s multi-channel strategy and annual multi-channel plan, including setting strategy, developing measurable goals, and defining tactics and budgets.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Segment Managers to develop relevant, motivating offers and incentives for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Manage implementation of multi-channel marketing programs, with an emphasis on direct mail and email, from inception to completion, including development of each campaign objective, developing test criteria, managing creative development and production, and measuring results.
- Maintain a test plan and track results of testing to inform and refine future programs.
- Manage and consult with outside agencies for creative development and messaging; manage budgets and timelines to maximize return; and coordinate with print vendors, mail houses, and other vendors to meet deadlines while adhering to quality standards.
- Work closely with CRM/Research/Business Intelligence staff to generate targeting and segmentation, leverage modeling capabilities, and perform campaign and vintage analysis.
- Monitor, interpret and report multi-channel marketing campaign performance to stakeholders and executives; provide strategic direction and guidance based on analysis of results. Strong written and verbal communications skills are valuable in this regard.
- Collaborate with sales teams’ management to support and provide guidance to local and regional marketing groups whose customers may be contacted by multi-channel marketing efforts.
- Participate in efforts to streamline, automate, rationalize and otherwise improve internal processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in managing multi-channel marketing programs within the financial services industry preferred
- 8+ years of marketing experience preferred
Field of Experience
- Experience with integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns with emphasis on direct response tactics
- Knowledge of data processing and lettershop techniques as related to direct mail production
- Knowledge of telemarketing, email, and digital marketing, preferred
- Thoroughly conversant with test and learn strategies, control group and test cell selection
- Strong understanding of retail banking business drivers, business development concepts, and strategy related to customer cross-sell and prospect communication
- Experience navigating compliance and legal reviews through positive relationships and effective communication
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to plan and manage long and short-term, complex projects
- Management, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Vendor management
- Competitive bidding and job sourcing
- Proven understanding of budgets and finances
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The role requires little travel and will be based in San Francisco, CA