United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Auditor II
Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Auditor II is primarily responsible audit execution on areas of assigned audit responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
2. Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
3. Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
4. Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
5. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
6. Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
7. Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
8. Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
9. May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on the audit assignments.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field - Required
· Required License(s) or Certifications in - Preferred (e.g., CPA, CIA, CFA)
· Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience. Preferably with a “Big 4” firm or world class financial institution.
· Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
· Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
Demonstratable strengths in one or more of the following:
o Bank Audit Activities
- Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
o Enterprise Risk Management Activities
- Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.