SBA Business Development Officer II
United States-California-Los Angeles
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Generates SBA loans, deposits and fee income for the Regional Banking Group. Works in partnership with Branch Managers and Branch sales staff to develop new SBA business relationships. Responsible for originating and funding SBA loans in designated area. Annual production objectives are generally around $10 million.
- Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients requiring extensive automobile travel.
- By year-end, achieves 100% of established annual production objective (APO) that will be determined at or near the beginning of every year. Achieves at least 20% of the established APO in the first calendar quarter; 25% in the second and third calendar quarters; and 30% in the fourth calendar quarter. The quarterly objectives are based on management's determination of the funding seasonally within the SBA industry.
- Develops and implements marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor. Also works with the Regional Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans. Marketing area is designated by the National Sales Manager. Marketing activities outside designated area will require supervisory approval.
- Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services.
- Develops and maintains a referral source database for both local and the bank overall SBA marketing purposes.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank's credit policy, SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Actively participates in local SBA district functions with assigned marketing area.
- Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices.
- Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market.
- Generates loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of calling experience with the financial services industry
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of SBA lending rules, regulations and practices.
- Verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.