Wealth Management is GROWING!!!
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Established and productive professional contributor works independently with general supervision. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Acts as a technical expert in the retirement product area. Provides client service and support to Financial Advisors, including product training/technical assistance, documentation and business development support, all in accordance with retirement planning strategies, compliance policies and procedures. Responsible for responding to customer requests for information on accounts and related products and services. Answers incoming telephone calls and completes appropriate forms to assist customers and representatives with requests. Assists BWIS Call Center representatives as needed with questions and training. Maintains professional behavior and promotes a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides outstanding client service for incoming and outgoing calls in a call center environment.
- Provides information to Financial Advisors on accounts to aid them in identifying customer needs and interest in BWIS products and programs; Provides Financial Advisors with product training and technical assistance related to retirement products.
- Follows all policies and procedures as they pertain to client accounts and transactions. Ensures compliance to regulations and confidentiality of customer record.
- Completes and submits all required BWIS paperwork and documentation neatly, accurately and in a timely manner; Completes verification of deposits and other miscellaneous work.
- Provides information on accounts as requested including balances, services, posted items and funds available. Quotes interest rates and fees. Completes requests for statement or item copies. Provides any additional information on BWIS products and services.
- May assist clients with information on vendor products such as commission schedules, fees and other miscellaneous items.
- Meets service level guidelines and production standards based on documented performance criteria for grade level and shift worked. Standard measurements include, but are not limited to, service delivery, calls per hour, schedule adherence, attendance and punctuality. Calls are monitored and feedback provided according to established expectations and guidelines.
- Provides information to clients on Financial Advisors including schedules and contact information.
- Performs customer call backs as needed.
- Completes general investigation and research on cost basis and tax issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree- Business Administration or related field preferred
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 1+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Series 7, 63, and ability to obtain Series 66, and State Life Insurance licenses within the first 90 days of employment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel Power Point) and able to navigate easily through internet based systems.
- Data entry skills (typing alpha and numeric required)
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information; Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- May assist with training and reviewing the work of less experienced Call Center Specialists.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.