Relationship Manager, Bank at Work - Front Range (North Denver, Boulder, Cheyenne)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for focusing on new consumer relationship acquisition. The Bank at Work Relationship Manager is responsible for Bank at Work program implementation, effectiveness and sales results within an assigned territory. Sources Bank at Work companies through prospecting/cold calling, branch and business partner referrals, centers of influence and personal network. Conducts sales presentations, follows up to enroll companies, and schedules onsite account opening sessions and financial education events at enrolled companies. Works closely with branches to achieve consumer acquisition/account opening, campaign, cross-sell and other related goals. Provides training and sales coaching. As the BAW subject matter expert, conduct program training and provide coaching for assigned branches.
1. Prospect and sell BAW program to sourced companies within assigned territory.
2. Coordinate with enrolled companies and local branches to schedule consumer account opening events (a/k/a "onsites") and employers place of business.
3. Conduct financial education seminars and activites with enrolled participants and prospects.
4. Develop and manage a pipeline of BAW company prospects through business development efforts (prospecting, cold calling, referrals, business partners, centers of influence, personal network).
5. Provide training and coaching to assigned branches on BAW program, sales effectiveness/techniques, and presentation skills.
6. Provide ongoing relationship management to maximize sales of bank products and services to employees with enrolled companies.
7. Develop and implement sales plans; utilize BAW and Bank marketing and collateral materials effectively; monitor BAW results reporting and tracking.
8. Provide input and feedback to improve BAW program; may conduct competitive shops, research and gather intelligence about similar programs at other financial institutions.
9. Manage expenses and travel costs effectively.
10. Complete all assigned training in a timely manner (by required completion/due date)
11. Participate in Division, Region, Area or Branch Meetings as required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or similar
· 3 Years of functional/professional experience
· 2 Years of supervisory or managerial experience
· 5 years combination of college education, financial services experience, management or selling to individuals and businesses.
Field of Experience
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.