What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Relationship Banker I
Job Description Summary
Responsible for branch sales and portfolio growth efforts related to various Banks's financial products to prospective customers. In conjunction with branch sales efforts, supports, promotes, and markets promotional activities, enhance customer relationships, and refer customers to other business partners as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sells Bank products and provides superior customer service. Cross-sells products and services including mortgage loans.
2. Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts. Complies with all policies/procedures related to the new account process.
3. Manages assigned MMCRM portfolio, identifying opportunities to deepen and expand relationship.
4. Promotes and markets financial products through outside calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling
5. May perform font line responsibilities if needed.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Associate’s Degree - Preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree - Preferred
· Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
· Requires 3 years minimum experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
· Good customer service skills that includes verbal and communication skills
· Drives for results
· Good at building relationships, collaboration and team work
· Good problem solving skills
· Basic sales skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.