RBG Area Manager
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the sales/service activities, marketing plan, operating budget, profitability and operational integrity of cluster branch sites. Provides overall leadership for cluster branch sites to achieve profit, growth, referrals and service objectives. Understands, communicates and works to achieve the mission of the Bank. This description applies to three levels (Job Codes 3960, 3961 and 3962). Level assignment is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: scope and complexity of responsibility, market area, size of office, experience and expertise of manager. The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that cluster branch sites sales/service culture supports the overall corporate objective to provide superior customer service.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, and management of operating and capital budgets for the cluster branches sites to maximize branch profitability.
- Ensures that the cluster branches meet all regulatory compliance standards and follows all operating policies and procedures. Ensures that cluster personnel comply with all laws and regulations. Documents and communicates individual compliance performance in annual staff evaluations.
- Directs business development through outside calls, in-branch selling, telemarketing, branch campaigns and targeted direct mailing and oversees business development activities for the cluster.
- Ensures expansion of customer relationships through cross-selling activities.
- Develops and manages an annual marketing plan and oversees the development and management of annual branch marketing plans for the cluster.
- Directs the cluster branch sites activities to manage customer portfolio for optimum performance.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree require
- Five to eight years banking experience; Five years lending experience including commercial, consumer and real estate (depending upon branch)
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Complete knowledge of sales, branch banking and consumer lending
- Working knowledge of the Bank's products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
- Manages multiple sites
- Will supervise a team of 2 or more Professional Staff
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.