What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Quality Assurance Lead
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading and managing the testing effort on one or more applications. Responsible for providing daily coordination of QA tasks, testing of enterprise applications on different platforms and implementation of overall testing standards established by QA - TCoE.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
2. Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
3. Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
4. Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
5. Manages, plans, implements, and deploys testing strategies and activities across projects and testing teams.
6. Manages the implementation of cost effective and "industry best practice" quality assurance and testing solutions while retaining strong levels of quality control.
7. Leads, coordinate, and execute Quality Assurance testing activities for projects and maintenance activities through different phases of software development lifecycle.
8. Assist in test data preparation and management to execute meaningful test scenarios.
9. Coordinate set up of Quality Assurance testing environments required for different types of testing activities.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science
Require 10 years experience in Quality Assurance
Minimum of 4 years of Banking domain experience
Knowledge in SQL queries and database is a preferred
Knowledge of understanding of SDLC and Agile/Waterfall methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.