IT QA Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing, in partnership with and under the overall direction of a Project Manager, quality assurance services to ASG technology projects and maintenance activities. Develops and documents quality assurance processes, and develops test solutions in accordance with BOTW quality assurance practices and testing standards. Analyzes business requirements for completeness and testability. Develops and documents test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, and test data to support QA and UAT activities, carries out the quality assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and/or releases are in compliance with the quality assurance standards of the organization, and supports UAT.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability.
- Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities.
- Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports them.
- Identifies and tracks system defects. Performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them.
- Partners with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
- Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities utilizing various tools such as HP Quality Center/Application lifecycle Management.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 5-7 Years of Experience in the Information Services field, focusing on Quality Assurance activities and testing.
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience with Quality Assurance processes and testing methodologies.
Administrative / Technical Skills / Other Information:
- Functional Test Area
- Performs Black Box testing of different applications and products for multiple projects. Knowledge of HR applications like PeopleSoft, and Taleo is preferred.
- Performance & Security Test Area
- Performs Performance and/or Security testing of different applications and products for multiple projects.
- Automation Test Area
- Performs test automation utilizing testing tools such as HP Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, HP Service Test, etc.
- White Box Test Area
- Performs white box, grey box testing of applications and products for multiple projects.
- Test Tools Area
- Performs set up, installation, upgrade and administration of testing tools such as HP Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, HP Service Test, etc.
- Test Process Area
- Defines, documents Quality Assurance testing processes, best practices and test governance. Develops procedures, templates and work instructions for implementing Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Provides guidance, training and mentoring to Quality Assurance and project teams.
- Sedentary Work: lifting up to 10lbs, occasional standing/walking.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.