IT Project Manager I/Coordinator
United States-California-City of Industry
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the entire project life cycle of detailed project plans using standard project methodology including due diligence information gathering, analysis, and reporting. Develops and presents written project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
- Establishes milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
- Monitors project progress towards project goals, coaches and motivates team members to make needed adjustments in plans to meet milestones and to achieve goals. Facilitates and documents lessons learned on projects to use on future projects. Recognizes team members for meeting and exceeding goals.
- Oversees project teams, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the Business Group, third party vendors, and consultants. Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team, and advises, influences, and coaches team members in the development and achievement of project goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings.
- Recognizes project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner and addresses them with management and appropriate staff members
- Schedules and conduct status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the project
- Prepares, provides and communicates progress reports on project status for staff and management review
- Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
- Engages with business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Evaluates and develops various methods of analysis and/or project planning that influence strategic initiatives.
- Analyzes and evaluates data gathered from multiple sources and reconciles differences and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results.
- Responsible for critical examinations of current business processes and provides recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
- Lead efforts in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
- Extracts data from source entities for analytical exploration, monitoring and KPI reports. Formulates summarized data for further analysis, which may lead to proposed system changes and/or tuning.
- Provides system initiatives support to team/department as a whole.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous project management experience
- 3+ years of technology experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s or Advanced Degree (CS, IS or engineering and/or requisite work experience) preferred
- Managed full life cycle product development including Project Charters, Business Requirements, Architecture, Designs, Engineering, Testing, Implementation, and Project Review
- Responsible for project controls including creation of estimates, resource planning, schedule/work breakdown structure, communication plan, issue log, risk analysis and mitigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate to strong knowledge of Financial Banking systems
- Moderate to strong knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.