Project Management Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for managing complex projects directly related to systems applications, products, processes and/or procedures. Provides support to other units/departments within Group to maximize efficiency and productivity of operations. Manages relationships with senior management within Group and throughout the Bank to coordinate activities to ensure successful product and process launches.
- Reviews and approves requests for support from various departments throughout the Bank. Determines level of support that can be provided.
- Provides overall leadership and organizes project teams consisting of staff assigned from the various departments throughout the bank and/or vendors providing service or support for the bank, affected by the assigned project.
- Performs complex analysis on functions and products as requested by Senior Executive Management making recommendations for implementation that maximizes efficiency and productivity, providing supporting documentation for final recommendations.
- Anticipates operational/technical needs and develops plans to ensure system/users' needs are met.
- Develops a formalized process that ensures that all approved projects follow standardized procedures that oversees project requests, feasibility analysis, cost/resource management, scheduling, project performance management and reporting.
- Responsible for the reporting function; status reports to senior management for review and direction.
- Responsible for the department's project plans, budget, and schedule. Oversees the work performed by the Project Management staff.
- Manages the mentoring of newer staff members and providing expertise to other Project Management staff members to ensure efficient and effective departmental efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive knowledge of banking products and services.
- Strong project management skills with experience in broad based scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills in managing teams at various levels of management.
- Good knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Good understanding of systems applications within the banking industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.