Product Manager Assistant- Investment Advisory Solutions
United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Our Investment Advisory Solutions (IAS) platform offers comprehensive investment advisory services to clients through our dedicated financial advisors. IAS delivers a targeted line-up of mutual fund and ETF strategist portfolios, separately managed account and unified managed account solutions. This role provides an opportunity to join a fast-paced, high energy team that’s dedicated to supporting the rapid growth of advisory business at BancWest Investment Services.
Assists Product Manager in the design, implementation, marketing and maintenance of the BWIS Investment Advisory Solutions (IAS) platform.
- Tracks and monitors IAS product training and certification of new financial advisor hires.
- Oversees marketing efforts including coordination among various IAS partners on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Coordinates team’s communication efforts with financial advisors and other internal stakeholders.
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses and statements.
- Plans, conducts and supervises projects and tasks as assigned.
- Compiles technical data and writes or revises text for reports, brochures, manuals or other internal documentation.
- Records meeting minutes and develops organized archiving system.
- Serves as a resource for financial advisor support and questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 2 - 3 years’ investment industry experience
· FINRA series 7 and 66 highly desired
Field of Experience:
· Knowledge and understanding of investment product development, product design, and product marketing. Experience in support role with high level of customer service and excellent communication skills
· Experience with or understanding of investments strongly preferred
· Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to be a team player & establish strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate projects
· Flawless attention to detail skills
· Sales support and customer service skills
· Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Analytical skills and research ability
· Product and client service knowledge
· Proven ability to compose correspondence/ emails/memorandums
· Experience in coordinating & organizing meeting minutes
· Develop office procedures and structure
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.