Corporate Development & Strategy Officer, VP
United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
- Responsible for managing complex strategy, M&A and special projects by leading cross-functional teams to achieve broader corporate goals.
- Train and develop less-experienced staff personnel, including direct report(s)
- Responsible for writing and delivering presentations to senior management
- Lead competitive, industry, and BOW research and analysis
- Oversee and contribute to the building of complex financial models related to M&A valuation and business, product and customer economics
- Interact daily with members of the Corporate Development & Strategy team and members of other groups and functions within the bank
- Contribute to the management and strategy of the Corporate Development & Strategy group
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business preferred
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CFA, CPA preferred
· Years of functional/professional experience: 7 or more years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, corporate finance, private equity, or management consulting roles.
· Ability to manage complex projects and interact with people across the bank.
· Ability to develop personnel and contribute to the group’s management.
· Strong work ethic that results in consistent, high-quality performance
· Ability to self-motivate and a desire to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment
· Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight timeframes