Job Description Summary
Responsibilities include analysis on performance of borrowers and/or a segmentation of borrowers, developing and implementing tracking systems and reports regarding current and upcoming maturities, covenant compliance, delinquencies, etc. May develop and prepare analytical reports for projects, and provide input for development and execution of business initiatives. Assists Management by providing all support as requested in order to advance achievement of Department and Division goals.
Essential Job Functions
Supports CBG business development, notably by participating in business development initiatives (risk assessment, prospect screening and operational setup.
Maintains a working knowledge of the bank's lending policies, procedures, and philosophies toward various types of commercial/business loans. Participates and contributes to revisions of the lending policies.
Participates, as directed, in internal and external loan reviews.
Obtains data and performs analysis and testing required for purposes such as model building, activity monitoring, borrower information, compliance, and/or regulatory reporting.
Produces and manages periodic and special department-wide reports as requested, ensuring that all reports are accurate and timely.
Obtains information from Bank’s systems of record (AFS, Infolease, etc) as necessary to provide support and correct/clarify information.
Responsible for ongoing risk management of all CBG portfolios, including portoflio reporting, and internal control on portoflio maintenance preparing the reports which assist Management in properly monitoring the portfolio. These reports would include the following:, delinquency, payments, and convenant compliance requirements.
- Participates, as directed, in internal and external loan reviews and exams.
- Collaborates well with team members and key constituents.
- Undertakes training and education as appropriate to maintain or improve professional skills.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the bank's lending policies, procedures, and philosophies toward various types of commercial/business loans; understands and promotes bank philosophies, personnel, products, service programs to staff and public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have strong interest in data manipulation, aggregation, and analysis. Strong Excel skills required. Experience with SAS, SQL, and manipulation of large datasets highly desired. Experience with Tableau, Crystal Report, or other reporting tools a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report/analysis writing, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
· Experience in commercial banking credit is a plus.
- Associate's Degree Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Experience in the internal processes of the Bank Proficient in the following software applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Siebel Financial statement input and analysis training and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.