Parking Lot Attendant - 40 hours at the San Francisco Portola branch
United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
The Portola branch is open Monday - Saturday.
Responsible for monitoring the parking lot to make sure parking spaces are occupied only by vehicles of BOW customers and providing excellent customer service.
1. Ensures customers entering the parking lot receive courteous and prompt attention.
2. Informs non-customers that parking spaces are only for customers while maintaining a courteous demeanor. May suggest to non-customer to inquire about bank services and direct individual to branch personnel for assistance.
3. Provides excellent customer service by greeting each customer entering the parking lot and acknowledging each customer exiting the parking lot.
4. Keeps a log of all vehicles in the parking lot. Reports repeated non-customer parking lot offenders to supervisor.
5. Monitors parking lot to ensure safety of customers and prevention of theft or vandalism of vehicles. Reports any suspicious activity to supervisor.
6. Maintains the parking lot in a clean and orderly condition and informs supervisor if unsafe conditions arise or when replenishment of materials and supplies is required.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Six months to one year
Field of Experience
· Customer service
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
· No supervisory responsibility
· Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.