Operations Processor I - (Transaction Processing Dept.)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Under immediate supervision, responsible for performing various basic operational activities and provide support in assigned unit. Resolves basic operational issues.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responds to various basic operational issues for internal and/or external customers.
2. Receives and reviews incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed.
3. Processes basic operational functions and/or financial transactions.
4. Prepares edits, distributes, and/or corrects standard documents.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow.
6. May provide internal and external customer service related customer service related to operational issues.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0 - 6 years or more in a similar function and/or environment
- Retail Banking Branch experience preferred
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• May balances figures, computes totals, and prepares routine accounting entries
• May ensure acceptability of checks or other negotiable items presented for payment including comparing signatures to applicable specimen, facsimile or through signature verification system. May sort and file checks, maintaining applicable documentation/records and complying with related policies, procedures and standards
• May prepare and send billings, advices, and account statements on various products and services
• May prepare various activities such as preparing banking office deposits for the image sorter; encoding deposits; processing EE bonds; transit encoding; and preparing and processing special customer deposits
• May balance batches with rejects received through the proof and transit system and prepare cash letters for shipment and handle a variety of duties related to balancing check processing operations
• May MICR encode, correct and balance customer checks, deposits, loan payments and other internal bank entries
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.