OAO Application Coordinator II (Contact Center Customer Service)
Customer Contact Center / Customer Service
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing operations support in the online account opening process including: reviewing system rejected applications for second review, issues resolutions, documentation authentication etc.
Work shift hours: 12:30pm-9:00pm, variable days off.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and decisions applications, reviews data and documentation to authenticate identity and determine eligibility.
- Resolves issues related to the customer application process.
- Provides feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates; including but not limited to policies, upgrades, and customer care issues.
- Effectively identifies problems and issues by performing relevant research using the appropriate tools.
- Initiates contact by phone or e-mail to consumers to obtain information and/or resolve issues related to their online and banking activities.
- Addresses missing data and resolves issues with applicants in a timely manner via telephone or written correspondence.
- Assists in day-to-day risk related job functions including but not limited to customer contact and intercession process, fraud monitoring processes, resolving fraud monitoring application issues, review reporting, and other duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Associate's Degree
- Working knowledge of information systems across various functions such as FIS, Cash Edge, Equifax, Lexus Nexus and Quova is helpful.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel; Financial and sales reporting and analysis experience a plus.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills.
- Skilled at dealing with the real-time demands of customers, maintaining the highest professional image.
- Well-organized; able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Online Financial Services, Online Operations and fulfillment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.