What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Through minimal management oversight and independent direction, responsible for ensuring that all aspects of funding and servicing meet quality control standards in accordance with investor, insurer, regulatory and Bank requirements and guidelines. Assists department members as necessary.
1. Analyzes finding from applicable vendors for post funding Quality Control Audit and publishes Quality Control Findings reports.
2. Works with off-site vendor performing some of the Quality Control Audit. Works directly with vendor to resolve any issues. Able to independently determine if findings are valid.
3. Performs Quality Control Audit for assigned function and compiles appropriate reports for assigned function.
4. Ensures results of reviews and investigations are accurately reported. Reviews work of staff members when necessary.
5. Participates in assessing Quality control implications for new product, service and systems development.
6. Provides consultation on quality control issues.
7. Participates in meetings with QC management and the business units to discuss Quality Control issues.
8. Reviews and approves forms and related operational procedures to ensure quality control levels are met.
9. Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, investor and Bank of the West regulations and guidelines. Has an understanding of the impact of regulation and guidelines on the consumer loan portfolio and the bank.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Required license(s) or certification(s) Any of the following: CIA, CGAP, CFSA, CCSA, CRMA, CMCP, CRCM, CCEP, CRC, CFE, or equivalent discipline preferred.
· 5+ years if consumer lending banking experience specific to quality control and/or compliance
· Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) Certification + 3 years related experience
Field of Experience
· Excellent knowledge of consumer lending regulations and guidelines
· Knowledge of the consumer lending origination and servicing process
· Knowledge of Bank of the West applications helpful
· Knowledge of bank operations and procedures helpful
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.