At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for achieving division sales goals and objectives, cross-sell results, employee retention, customer satisfaction, productivity, profitability and company reputation in the area of first mortgages through the development and motivation of assigned team. Ensures highest quality of customer satisfaction through the audit, survey and monitoring of customer interaction with existing customer base, branch distribution network and non-bank customers. Provides business advice, support and project leadership in the application of change, service and technology.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Manages and directs the sales and business development activities of the Mortgage Bankers directly including selection, performance management, and coaching. Typically 4 - 7 Mortgage Bankers in the assigned area.
- Functions as a Mortgage Banker with primarily responsibility for identifying customer needs, providing products or services that meet those needs and maintaining a customer relationship for life sales approach. Responsible for exceeding all minimum standards established under the Mortgage Banker compensation plan.
- Oversees the development of marketing/business plans for each Mortgage Banker's designated territory. Develops and recommends marketing objective, including sales volumes and profit forecasts. Develops tactical plans and makes strategic recommendation to effectively manage and grow the business.
- Reviews and monitors pipeline report and other pertinent management information to ensure adequate commitment levels to achieve desired loan volume and customer responsiveness/satisfaction. Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports and management information.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements sales strategies with RBG Division and Regional Sales Managers regularly. Establishes and maintains interactive relationships with appropriate branch and other bank partners, and non-bank referral sources, to include regular communication regarding service, volumes, quality and other pertinent business strategies.
- Represents the Bank in the community through active participation in community events and provides leadership as appropriate in community activities, thereby raising the prominence of our Bank in the local community, as well as contributing to community growth.
- Ensures unit provides a best in class (the highest quality) of customer service to all customers, both existing and new.
- Keeps informed of competitor's rates and loan programs, and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and rates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry including sales, origination, underwriting, and regulatory requirements.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe Job Type: Full-time Job: Sales