Modeling Oversight & Strategy Analyst
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Work with his Manager in the evolution of the Consumer Bank’s lending practice to a more data and model driven environment. Typically reporting to the Modelling Oversight Strategy Manager, this position will be supporting all modeling and related analytics oversight for the consumer division, together with support for all risk initiatives (Risk Appetite, Cost of Risk etc.)
This is the highest level with the Data Analytics job family and is reserved for the Enterprise Risk Group for enterprise-wide duties and responsibilities.
1. Identifies data analytics opportunities, designs, and executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department's various computer software packages within established deadlines. Analyze source data/file structures, Metadata, profile source data.
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of the new and current scorecards for all consumer products and drive the development of scorecards from both internal and external sources.
3. Examine score cut-off strategies present and proposed for ensuring bad rate optimization
4. Review and/or develop scoring MIS which includes pop stability, through-the-door, characteristic analysis, approve & deny reports tec.
5. Develop data mapping and transformation rules and detailed designs based on system and business requirements. Creates, prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
6. Maintain the quality control and auditing of Risk Datamart to ensure the accuracy and quality of data. Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain. Assist in determining the impact of operational systems and provide input into their resolution via data extraction and quantification.
7. Data modeling, profiling, mining and analysis. Developing reports and framework per requirements. Coordinate and prioritize all escalated activities, including testing, project management and enhancements and bug fixes.
8. Maintain cross-business responsibilities by providing end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in, Statistics or Economics
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Statistics or Economics
· 6 to 8 years of directly related banking experience
Field of Experience
· Strong experience working on any ETL tool (Informatica, Datastage, SAS DI Studio, etc)
· Excellent organizational and documentation ability to create and maintain detailed documentation for data warehouse and procedures
· Strong knowledge of relational database design and support, including the support of large UNIX/Oracle based enterprise software systems
· Expert knowledge of SQL structured query language
· Business systems analytical experience required
· Strong problem solving; analytical; project management and communication skills
· Banking industry experience is preferred
· Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple complex and critical issues
· Strong experience with Oracle on UNIX using command line and GUI SQL tools
· Strong experience of working with UNIX shell/perl scripts
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.