What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing complex information and analyses to assist in overall model governance and risk management. Will define, develop and prepare routine and ad hoc reports on the Bank's model inventory for senior management, the Board of Directors, and Bank regulators; also responsible for collecting information and preparing model risk reports for our parent company. Analyze model risk processes and metrics for significant trends and possible areas of risk; prepare narrative and graphical summaries.
- Plans, organizes and implements large, long-term projects.
- Assists with the enhancement of the Risk Management Information System to ensure that model inventory data is complete, accurate and internally consistent.
- Works closely with model owners and stakeholders to identify models and tools in use throughout the company..
- Works closely with model owners and stakeholders to ensure all relevant model information and governance requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains reports for senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators about the Model Inventory and associated risks.
- Performs special studies to present to management; and develops concise and actionable recommendations.
- Provides training, education, information and analyses to other units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Three to five years of experience in model risk management, compliance, operational risk, regulatory relations and/or financial reporting, preferably in the banking services industry
Field of Experience
- Knowledge of model governance, validation, corporate governance and/or financial reporting, regulatory and management reporting.
- Experience in Excel, Tableau, Visual Basic and SQL preferred
- Customer oriented background
- Experience in communicating and presenting material to diverse audiences
- Experience in project management
Technical & Administrative Skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Analytical and research skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Personal computer skills
- Management and Presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Quantitative and statistical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.