Loan Processor II
United States-California-San Ramon
Small / Mid Business
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Under general supervision, responsible for completing moderately complex loan processing due diligence leading up to loan closing including review of supporting documentation to ensure the bank’s ability to perfect liens and the coordination of loan closing.
Verifies adherence to policy, procedure, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews and understands credit approval and approval conditions to determine documentation requirements
2. Reviews supporting documentation to determine entity’s ability to enter into loan agreement and pledge collateral, required authorized signers and if the property is located in a flood plain. Addresses all items required to ensure collateral lien will be perfected.
3. Works with third party vendors to obtain needed documentation i.e. title, environmental, appraisals, etc.
4. Work with loan officer and/or customer to obtain customer information required by banking regulations and bank policy and/or procedure
5. Accurately request or prepares closing documentation needed for the specific loan type, structure and collateral being taken
6. Calculates final payoffs and compiles accurate disbursement information to ensure the bank collects all required fees and the loan is funded correctly
7. Files incoming items in the electronic credit file and is responsible for a complete electronic file for examination purposes
8. Reviews documentation prepared by government agencies or attorneys to ensure they were prepared per the credit approval.
9. Ensures collateral is perfected and clears all post-funding tickler items
10. Follows for debenture for 504 loans. Prepares required forms to complete the process and negotiates and required modifications with the CDC/SBA
11. Manages closing process with escrow, insurance company, title company and closing attorney.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Associate’s Degree preferred
· 4 to 6 years of directly related experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.