Loan Consultant - Direct Consumer Lending
United States-California-San Ramon
Sales - Consumer Lending
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing a variety of sales and customer service related functions for consumer direct borrowers through extensive knowledge of loan product and predetermined alliance partner guidelines. Partners with Credit and Operational teams during the loan acquisition process. Primary focus is Inside Sales.
1. Anwers all inbound calls and written communication for the purpose of selling Essex Credit RV/Marine lending products and services. Effectively educates customer on the features and benefits of Essex Credit and our alliance Partners financing plans and programs. This may include recommending alternative lending sources that best fits the customer's need.
2. Builds rapport and strengthens client relationships during the sales interaction while providing information on loans as requested including application status, funding information and documentation requirements.
3. Works closely with the customer, Credit, and Operations Department members in clearing loan conditions in order to close and fund loans quickly.
4. Analyzes consumer credit applications quickly including calculating income ratios, collateral values, advance percentages, down payment requirements, maximum loan terms, survey/inspection requirement, and liquidity ratios and determine additional information required for loan approval.
5. Acts as liaison for our clients to resolve issues by utilizing other areas of expertise as needed. Initiate request for research for internal/external customer requests.
6. Understands and adheres to all training and ECC policy, laws, and regulations applicable to role. Reports all compliance issues, violations of laws or regulations in accordance with the steps as defined by ECC.
7. Meets service level guidelines, goals, and production standards based on documented performance criteria and shift worked.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Associates of Arts Degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years experience in a lending sales environment
Field of Experience
- Thorough understanding of banking or other financial institution experience preferred
- 2 - 5 years sales/lending experience in a goal-oriented environment preferred
- General knowledge of Marine or RV loan administration preferred
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, develop customer relationships, sell products and offer company services, and embrace new challenges
- Ability to learn and apply skills quickly
- Data entry skills (typing alpha and numeric required)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a myriad of contacts at all positions and departmental needs
- The ability to sell effectively on the phone and/or via email
- High energy and great communication skills
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.