At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will lead a team of high-performing business systems analysts, focusing on delivering technical data-driven solutions to our business partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages employees directly, through subordinates and occasionally other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, assesses annual performance and recommends individual merit and promotional increases
- Prepares resource plans including scheduling, costs, and other operational concerns.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff to formulate data solutions to business problems, and thoroughly understand the business requirements
- Partner with internal IT teams to deliver/implement a quality product that meets the business expectations. Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing staff and groups
- Provides guidance to solve business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Provides support on analytical issues, interpretation of business requirements, reviews technical requirements for accuracy and completeness, and provides coordination amongst technical partners
- Communicates how to use data to drive business decisions that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
- Ensures compliance to the Bank's information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to internal IT teams and business partners
- Develop and provide input for project status reports, manage demand/capacity numbers
- May manage others in a direct and/or matrix organization
- May conduct vendor negotiations and develop contract proposals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to present data as a concise story for diverse audiences, including senior management
- Ability to ask smart, straightforward, intelligent, and efficient questions
- Have the intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved and lead large complex IT projects
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Ability to effectively manage demand/capacity with on/off shore resources
- Knowledge of data analysis and SQL Data Query Tools required
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ managing a team of high-performing individuals; both on and offshore
- Minimum 7 years’ working in an IT solutions delivery organization
- 10+ years' experience as a business systems analyst working on complex, cross functional projects and the creation of detailed requirement documents and/or user stories
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Retail Banking with specific experience in Consumer and/or Commercial lending
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience managing multiple projects with cross functional teams, with on and offshore teams
- Experience working with senior management in defining scope and timelines
- Experience leading large projects in a matrix organization
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.