Investment Account Representative - BancWest Investment Services
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for responding to customer requests for information on accounts and related products and services. Answers incoming telephone calls and completes appropriate forms to assist customers and representatives with requests. Assists BWIS Call Center representatives as needed with questions and training. Maintains professional behavior and promotes a positive working environment.
- Provides information on accounts as requested including balances, services, posted items, and funds available. Quotes interest rates and fees. Completes requests for statement or item copies. Provides any additional information on BWIS products and services.
- May assist clients with information on vendor products such as commission schedules, fees, and other miscellaneous items.
- Provides information to Financial Advisors on accounts to aid them in identifying customer needs and interest in BWIS products and programs.
- Follows bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulations and confidentiality of customer records.
- Meets service level guidelines and production standards based on documented performance criteria for grade level and shift worked. Standard measurements including, but are not limited to, service delivery, calls per hour, schedule adherence, and attendance and punctuality. Calls are monitored and feedback provided according to established expectations and guidelines.
- Provides information to clients on Financial Advisors including schedules and contact information.
- Completes verifications of deposits and other miscellaneous work.
- Assists BWIS Call Center representatives with questions and training.
- Effectively uses all applicable systems, technology and software to assist internal and external customers in a timely and proficient manner.
- Performs customer call backs as needed.
- Monitors and adjusts the Call Center Queue system as needed.
- Completes general investigation and research on cost basis and tax issues.
- Maintains professional behavior and promotes positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- One to three years prior customer service experience Required License/Certification
- NASD Series 7, 63/66 required or attainable within 90 days of hire
Field of Experience
- Banking or other financial institution experience preferred
- Sales experience in a goal-oriented environment preferred
- Ability to operate various equipment including ISC and IBM terminals and related peripheral equipment
- Data entry skills (typing alpha and numeric required)
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professionalism necessary for public contact position
- No supervisory responsibility
- May assist with training and reviewing the work of less experienced Call Center Specialists.
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.