Internal Social Community Manager - San Francisco, CA
United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines –
Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Bank of the West is hiring a Social Media Community Manager based in San Francisco, CA. This individual will be responsible for managing engagement and content activation across Bank of the West’s social communities. This is a great opportunity to join a seasoned team of social media and digital marketing professionals.
- Actively identify and drive integration of collaboration use cases
- Identify and coach key influencers/content contributors on how to model exemplary collaboration practices
- Actively participate in the community as a role model
- Author, procure and distribute success stories to highlight how team members are working more effectively by using the community
- Develop & deliver educational materials to assist the community in growing membership and engagement
- Recruit community advocates to drive adoption and provide them orientation, mentorship, and support
- Drive community engagement activities
- Measure, analyze and report on qualitative and quantitative community insights, work cross-functionally to define metrics and track business results.
- Identify, escalate & manage questions and issues team members share; partner with community program team to resolve them.
- Stay current on emerging social collaboration tools, technologies, trends and developments
- Monitor community posts, encouraging participation, facilitating discussions and managing “Inappropriate Use”.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5 or more years of functional/professional experience
- 2 or more years of experience managing branded social media communities preferred
- Strong writing, editing and project management skills
- Solid understanding and use of social media
- Demonstrated passion for social media and online communities
- Highly self-directed and resourceful with ability to work independently
- Experience in SEO/Digital marketing and social advertising preferred
- Proficiency with Photoshop and/or other graphic editing applications preferred
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.