What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.Job Description Summary
Responsible for contributing to Pacific Rim Division's growth and profitability. Acquires, expands and retains commercial, small business and retail relationships by meeting the financial needs of companies and professionals in local markets as well as Pacific Rim countries. Develops loans, depository accounts and other fee generating services. Responsible for both new business development and portfolio/relationship management.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports business development goals through effective calling on existing and potential customers to identify business and personal needs of companies (including both executives and employees).
- Works closely with Wealth Management, Treasury, Cash Management, International Trade, and other major areas of the Bank to promote the sales and implementation of complex financial products and services. Provides assistance to customers with Foreign Exchange transactions by contacting the Treasury Department. Acts as liaison between customers and Treasury Department for the purchase of Euros or other investment products.
- Originates consumer, small business (including SBA and Express Letters of Credit) and residential real estate loans by interviewing applicants and determining borrowing needs. Negotiates types of loans , terms and conditions within established guidelines. Ensures all loan documentation is accurately completed. Assists customers in signing loan documents and makes proper disclosures. May disburse loan proceeds.
- Obtains and analyzes all necessary financial data and supporting documents on borrowers. Makes recommendations to underwriters/credit administration or any other appropriate lending authority.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of major customer relationships (retail and commercial) by providing consultative advice, products, and services to meet customer needs. Responsible for increasing the number of major relationships and total profitability of assigned portfolio.
- Establishes an effective calling program to interact with customers and prospects that reside in Pacific Rim countries to develop new business.
- Ensures development and preparation of effective proposals for presentation to existing and potential customers. Has primary responsibility for marketing presentations to professionals or company decision-makers.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach programs.
- Keeps abreast of economic and political factors within Pacific Rim countries that might impact the development of business relationships.
- Provides coaching/training for Customer Service Representatives and Financial Service Consultants on sales/marketing techniques and product knowledge.
- Resolves unusual or non-routine inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of financial products and services used by commercial and retail customers with an emphasis on Asian owned and operated companies (including both executives and employees).
- Demonstrated sales and portfolio management ability.
- Good understanding of issues related to economic, political and business practices in Pacific Rim countries.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Monterey Park Job Type: Full-time Job: Sales