IT Infrastructure Engineer Sr
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
The engineer will be responsible for providing technical support for server virtualization, server infrastructure, storage, automation, operating system support, other infrastructure components and supporting technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for entire VMware vSphere estate across 2 data centers.
- Improve integration of infrastructure technology stack including networking, storage, compute and guest OS layers.
- Design and implement new technology processes and procedures for optimal capabilities.
- Orchestrate and automate new capabilities leveraging VMware vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and other tools to facilitate operational efficiency.
- Deploy, Document, and Automate the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a complex corporate data infrastructure
- Function as a player-coach for a team of talented infrastructure professionals.
- Investigate, facilitate, and implement improvements for monitoring and system health, as well as troubleshoot existing storage infrastructure and data center hardware deployments
- Ensure high availability of enterprise platforms that support internal employee business functions and external customer contact
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor’s degree BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a VMWare vSphere Expert — VCP a plus, deep knowledge of the VNware ecosystem required.
- Diverse experience with multiple technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Strong experience with adjacent technologies such as Networking, FC storage, and Operating Systems.
- Experience with major enterprise hardware platforms, i.e. UCS, HP, EMC, etc in an enterprise environment.
- Comfortable adapting to dynamic, rapid and shifting environments
- Experience creating innovative and unique solutions for automation using scripting languages and simplifying administration for others
- Demonstrated ability to teach new skills and concepts to junior members of the team
- Strong communication skills and self-starter attitude with a strong ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Best Practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.