IT Infrastructure Engineer II
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Participates in the design, engineering, development, testing and implementation, operation and maintenance of an assigned technology function. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and development of intermediate solutions; and familiarity with various components of technology function.
1. Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
2. Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows. Ensures the compliance with documented strategies. Contributes to technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
3. Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
4. Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
5. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of solutions.
6. Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
7. Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
8. Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Greater than five years of directly related experience.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Good customer service skills.
- Intermediate analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- PC proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Basic use of project planning tools
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to plan/organize.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Technical expertise in the design, implementation and operation of multi-vendor and multi-protocol environments found in a leading edge data center.
- Intermediate analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level skills in many of the following:
- Windows OS and hardware
- Unix OS and hardware
- Enterprise class storage and backup systems
- Enterprise class messaging systems
- Clustering and High Availability
- Data center operations
- Thin client technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of telecommunications theory including carrier connectivity, cabling standards, and VoIP.
- Basic understanding of data networking concepts
- Working knowledge of audio and video conferencing solutions.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP system administration.
- Experience in the use of standard telecommunications test equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.