IHC IT Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Qualified and motivated candidate to be responsible for proper management of ETL development, standards and best practices, collaborating with other BIDM managers to ensure delivery of data integration pipelines.
· Manages a team of developers and to ensure adherence to previously agreed timelines and communicating status;
· Evaluates the integration a various data sources like Oracle, SQL server, VSAM and sequential files into the various layers of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and recommends process improvements;
· Counsels team members on the Informatica Toolset. Applies data analysis, data cleansing, data matching, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ;
· Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded solution and to seek input from team members;
· Owns the ETL development processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error logging, auditing, data quality, etc.;
· Owns the implementation of data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures, and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the EDW.
· Analyze data-related systems integration challenges and offers cost effective solutions
· Manage build phase and quality assurance of code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to ETL architecture.
· Responsible for building strong partner relationships with the internal and external IT teams;
· Identifies and retains key talent to match the organization demands and data service needs;
· Establish the team goals, evaluate the individual performance of every member and apply improvement plans when necessary;
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required;
· experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica and understanding the COBOL file structures;
· Strong Oracle Database technical knowledge in the areas of general SQL and PL/SQL;
· Strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor;
· Very Good knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills;
· Very Good knowledge of Erwin model generation tools (logical and physical);
· Excellent communication and organization skills;
· Data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation;
· Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.;
· Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions;
· Thorough understanding of Entire life cycle of Software and various Software Engineering Methodologies;
· Performance tuning and end-to-end lifecycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse.
· 7-10+ years of experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica and understanding the COBOL file structures;
· 3+ years of experience in a development lead position
· 5+ years in banking and financial services is preferred
· 5+ years of experience deploying large scale projects using Informatica Tools