Home Equity Mortgage Loan Processor II - Omaha, NE
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the processing and administration of real estate secured, consumer loan requests. Orders and follows up on any required third-party vendor work, working with title companies to resolve issues related to title work, coordinating with branch personnel to obtain any needed documentation from customers. Ensures all required stipulations and conditions of the loan have been satisfied prior to loan documentation.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews title reports received from title companies for all real estate secured consumer loan/line products. Researches and follows up on problems related to title reports, and interacts with branch personnel and title companies to resolve related issues.
2. Reviews flood determinations received for real estate secured loans. Ensures banker is informed if property is located in a flood zone. Sends flood letter and notification to customer informing them of requirement to carry flood insurance.
3. Communicates with Residential Appraisal Services to ensure property evaluation product is received in a timely manner. Compares the report to the system to ensure specifics are correct.
4. Obtains proof of home owners and flood insurance (if applicable) for all real estate secured loans. Reviews insurance documentation to ensure coverage amounts and dates are sufficient.
5. Tracks for any additional loan officer requirements, and clear all stipulations of the credit approval prior to preparing the file to be ready for documents.
6. Orders, and follows through to receipt, all vendor work needed in conjunction with loan request. This includes but is not limited to title reports, flood determinations, and comps/appraisals.
7. Establishes and coordinates escrow closings with title companies as needed. Follows up on sub escrows when applicable and work with title companies to resolve any issues.
8. Provides additional support to other areas of Operations as required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Good knowledge of consumer loan and line documentation
• Good knowledge of consumer loan compliance regulations
• Knowledge of MS Windowns and MS Office software, including Word and Excel
• Ability to be a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to details
• Customer service skills
• Personal computer skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.