Head of Enterprise Client Shared Services
United States-California-San Ramon
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading an internal product management team and ensuring the successful development, delivery, and support of customer prospecting, onboarding and due diligence platforms and processes. The Head of ECSS will provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight for enterprise-wide platforms (CRM, customer onboarding / fulfillment, KYC applications, Compliance model support, KYC databases, documentary services, etc). Ensure platform strategies, plans and initiatives: 1) support core internal business processes for our retail, personal finance, wealth, small business and commercial businesses; and 2) are aligned to data management, compliance and risk policies and regulations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to deliver optimal business architecture, processes and operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes and leads an internal product team responsible for defining and maintaining application roadmaps and lifecycle management support.
- Chairs and administers a centralized bank-wide governing body that prioritizes roadmap enhancements and strategic developments. Aligns and moderates diverse needs of stakeholders, promoting “one bank” solutions and re-usability of services across enterprise.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and approve significant project investments that fall above a pre-defined threshold. Sponsor new projects and provide strategic portfolio/program oversight.
- Ensures product managers work collaboratively with lines of businesses, Compliance, Data Management and Risk application users to understand strategic needs of internal stakeholders and apply knowledge to better develop business cases / requirements for enhancements and new capabilities. Monitor business case benefits to confirm outcomes are aligned to strategic priorities.
- Promotes cross-functional knowledge and dependency management among product teams to understand critical business processes and their system / data implications.
- Oversees and ensures smooth release cycle management with technology partners, including design review, user testing strategy and execution, release management planning, change management activities and post go-live support structure.
- In coordination with IT, review vendor performance reports, and make cost-effective decisions in relation to hiring and renewing partnerships with vendors and contractors.
- Establishes ongoing feedback loop with users and IT to assure design and deployment of scalable, supportable solutions are fit for purpose.
- Promotes continuous improvement culture that analyzes current opportunities to further improve, innovate and maximize value of platforms. Periodically evaluates ECSS objectives, scope and investments are aligned to long-term enterprise goals and direction.
- Ensures that operational activities are implemented in accordance with BNPP Group, local Bank of the West policies and federal regulations; Proposes changes to the service categories following regulatory / policy changes. Aligns and supports business and corporate functional stakeholders in implementation.
- Monitors performance of the organization. Establishes internal business KPIs and quality control mechanisms (i.e. internal client NPS scoring, periodic quality assurance reviews, SLAs management, etc) to measure quality and customer success. Tracks progress and ensure delivery against quality, productivity targets.
- Listens to our internal customers to drive improvement initiatives that ensure continued high quality of service, seamless and efficient customer experience and creation of value.
- Prioritizes and proposes projects for continuous improvement in efficiency and service level.
- Collaborates with other US Entities / Group with activities related to enterprise shared services platform.
- 15+ years in managing and leading product management and operations team. Advanced knowledge of customer onboarding, due diligence and maintenance processes with a “think outside the box approach” highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or Equivalent
- Proven success in transitioning and driving teams towards agile delivery across cross functional teams
- Data driven and entrepreneurial leader who is capable of defining actionable strategies and driving implementation.
- Excels at ambiguity and solves problems by applying frameworks to get to the first principles, aligning resources on the goal, executing, learning, and adapting.
- A leader who is a strong team builder and knows how to make those around him/her better.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- Build excellent rapport with clients and internal / external suppliers; Ability to challenge, influence and persuade key stakeholders
- Proactive in approach and flexible to cope with various demands
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.