What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing, managing and accelerating Bank Of The West's digital transformation. Develops transformation strategies based on design of the Division's business model and definition of the digital strategy for all customers.
Responsible for leading Digital Transformation with a focus on customer centric & client obsessed approach such that it is embedded in all new initiatives linked to the transformation of business line(change agent). Responsible for creating an excellent customer experience by reinventing the customer journey.
Identify key areas of development & transformation and build a 360 degree view of the business (clients, products, channels, market)
Responsible for facilitating and promoting dialogue with BNP Paribas Group and create bridges with other Group entities, such as BNP Paribas IRB central level.
Drive and ope-rationalize new ways of collaborating within S business line senior management team and the underlying teams.
Essential Job Functions
- • Accelerate the digital transformation & design the new business model:
o Elaborate and define the digital strategy for Micro & SME clients in Bank of the West. Develop, manage and coordinate various digital initiatives such as to enhance user experience.
o Partner with technology & operations to define and roll out a transformation roadmap that will optimize time to market and synergies.
o Evaluate other business models. Support benchmark or opportunity study.Identify and promote best practices within the Group by fostering close communication between the digital team and the fintechs ecosystem of BNP Paribas.
o Provide guidance in the creation of business cases for various digital initiatives.Support variance analyses of actuals vs forecast.
o Help in defining appropriate KPIs for each transformation projects.
- • Develop and support the customer centric & client obsessed approach. Create an excellent customer experience in all the digital initiatives:
o Reinvent the customer journey approach and framework (such as methodology, financials, KPI’s, Service Models) to differentiate Bank Of The West ourselves from competition and to be able better serve the clients.
o Create an user lab to develop a test and learn approach for all projects.
o Support other initiatives such as behavioral client segmentation
- • Foster strong partnership with BNPP group:
o Facilitate and further develop dialogue with BNPP group (such as IRB central level) to have well-rounded transformation initiatives.
o Accelerate decision-making and make relay with entities of the BNP Paribas Group
o Prepare strategic presentation for IRB & BNPP group.
- • Drive and operationalize innovative practices:
o Create new designs and procedures to measure and monitor the transformation KPI’s (such as interactive dashboard)
o Introduce and organize new working practices for the management team.
o Create a structure such that teams can work autonomously.
o Promote an inclusive performance and development based culture that will propel Bank Of The West to the next level.
- • Support Bank of the West Head of CBG/SME:
o Ensure coordination and follow-up between product and channel divisions of Retail and Corporate Banking and CBG/SME.
o Help prepare and contribute to strategic presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor's Degree
- • Experience in SME and Corporate Banking
• Strong passion about digital, innovation and agile methodology
• Customer oriented. Focus on experience and influence organization to become closer to the customer
• Desire to drive future business
• Transformation manager with a strong focus on change management, team cohesion and good communication. Act as a real team player
• Strong people leadership with focus on talent acquisition and retention. Promote an inclusive performance driven employee culture
• Strong partnerships throughout the organization and the BNP Paribas Group
• Support innovative thinking to move the employee and customer experience forward
• Balance risk and reward by aligning with BNP Paribas risk appetite
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.